阳光夏日

disconnected
主题工具

[闲碎] A story

发表于 2007-5-6 15:33  3712 次点击

A story

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.
   "Mom and Dad, I`ve a favor to ask. I have a friend I`d like to bring home with me."
   "Sure, "they replied, "we`d love to meet him."
   "But there`s something you should know, "the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a landmine and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere esle to go, and I want him to come and live with us."
   "I`m sorry to hear that,son.Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."
   "No, Mom and Dad , I want him to live with us."
   "Son, "said the father, "you don`t know what you`re asking. Such a disabled person would be a terrible burden on us. We can`t let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He`ll find a way to live on his own."
   At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed it was not a murder. The warm-hearted parents flew to San Franciso and were taken to the hospital to identify the body. They recognized him,but to their horror, they also discovered something they didn`t know --their son had only one arm and one leg !
   We often find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around and we would rather stay away from people who aren`t as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. It`s really quite difficult for us to be caritative.

看了后,受益匪淺...........

學了這麽多年英語,我看只有這篇文令我印象深刻.........

(不知道有沒有打錯單詞....)

本主题共有 7 条回复 | 回到顶部
#1 - 2007-5-6 15:50
囡佳児。 爱尔兰
好像我们英语考试有过这个哒```不过小囡囡一向对英语米虾米兴趣``对韩文感兴趣呢``哈哈``不过7月哒帖子``偶就支持哒哇``哈哈
#2 - 2007-5-6 16:24
阳光夏日 地球

QUOTE:
引用第1楼囡筱妖2007-05-06 15:50发表的:
好像我们英语考试有过这个哒```不过小囡囡一向对英语米虾米兴趣``对韩文感兴趣呢``哈哈``不过7月哒帖子``偶就支持哒哇``哈哈

我会韩文的啊~呵呵~
#3 - 2007-5-6 16:28
囡佳児。 爱尔兰
真的啊```那小囡囡想学习哇```哈哈```超喜欢的呢``
#4 - 2007-5-6 20:23
pling 地球
我也好像在考试时看过哦```
  咔咔`
我英文不好
#5 - 2007-5-6 20:57
囡佳児。 爱尔兰
哈哈```这个就是考试时的拉```因为好像很有影响呢``
#6 - 2007-5-20 21:17
君不见 地球
我的天  考我啊
可以翻译一下吗  [s:27]
#7 - 2007-5-20 21:20
囡佳児。 爱尔兰
7月是笨笨```不会翻译的``哈哈```
关于幸福大街 / 帮助 / 站长博客
Based on Discuz! 5.5.0 | Thanks to Livid and Sai
清除 Cookies - GuaNiu Inc. - Archiver - Mobile
Processed in 0.022560 second(s), 7 queries, Gzip enabled, Time now is:当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2024-3-28 17:48

http://bbs.guaniu.com
Design by guaniu(at)gmail.com Leeiio chaos made.